National Sales Consultant - Heavy Vehicle
Thinwall Trailers Australia is the exclusive agent from Titan Trailers in Canada. Manufacturers of all aluminium bulk haulage trailers for the Waste, Forestry, Agriculture and Civil Construction industries in North America, United Kingdom and Australia.
This is a varied Sales focused role, utilising your truck driving skills with your knowledge of the industry in the order to build rapport with clients, maintain effective relationships and identify new opportunities. Demonstrate your proven success in account management and sales whilst touring the country with our product in tow.
This role can be performed from anywhere along the East Coast of Australia, with the flexibility to work from home. Travel to the Trailer Shop in Mount Gambier, SA will be required from time to time, with REX airlines flying in daily from major cities.
- Identify new prospects and develop an in depth understanding of customers business, particularly in relation to Trailer needs.
- Building and maintaining relationships with key customers and identify sales opportunities and promote the full range of Thinwall products
- Liaise with staff, industry associations, government bodies and others to ensure new business opportunities are identified and followed through
- Prepare regular reports and analyses of new business achievements, opportunities and targets
- Ensure all business activities comply with relevant acts, legal demands and ethical standards
- Experience in Truck & Trailer industry and products
- An understanding of Truck & Trailer specifications and values
- Exceptional account management and relationship building skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Self-motivated and strong work ethic
- MC Licence or ability to upgrade
- Ability to travel interstate when required
To be successful in this role you will be expected to demonstrate:
- Successful and proven track record of performance in a Sales role in a similar industry
- Minimum 3 years in a sales role. Ideally within the Heavy Vehicle fleet spectrum or a similar industry with a focus on new business
- Excellent personal presentation and strong written and verbal communication skills
- A valid driver's licence and MC Licence and own car is essential
- Competency in Microsoft Office Skills – Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Previous experience working within a Sales or Relationship Management role within the Transport Industry, or a similar market will be essential to your success